Assos' best WorldTour bib shorts for training and racing. For riders who appreciate detail-oriented design and advanced equipment that helps the athlete to perform better.
The "TARGA" classification indicates a fundamental revision of the EQUIPE RS S9 model. The revised product offers better performance and comfort. It also features reduced weight and volume, as well as faster drying time. Thus, moisture no longer accumulates during the ride and additional weight is prevented. A section of Ossidia material on the lower abdomen also provides additional stretch for more offensive riding positions, deep breaths during high physical exertion, and less pressure for larger riders looking for an aerodynamic, skin-tight fit.
Assos' flagship model, the EQUIPE RS S9 TARGA, is designed for racing and intense training sessions. Pair it with the EQUIPE RS TARGA jersey.
The Type.441 fabric is slightly compressive, smoothly soft and more wear-resistant than your conventional bib shorts. It also offers active cooling while providing UV protection and odor control. Ossidia is a highly stretchable material that improves breathability while reducing pressure on sensitive areas.
Assos' AEPD racingFit is designed for bib shorts, combined with standard leg length. Every section of fabric, every strap and every mesh is designed for stability, comfort and performance. ASSOS shorts are legendary, and this cut is why.
Features of the Assos Equipe RS bib shorts S9 Targa
- A-Lock Engineering: rollBar straps, modified ergoBox and Assos' one-piece butterfly pad support your every movement in the saddle, providing smooth comfort and stability while you perform at your best
- Carbon Xbib: An A-shaped bib design with short vertical stretch at the back provides a secure fit and stabilizes the chamois and main section. Double-sided carbon material results in faster drying time compared to the previous single-sided application.
- Superlight Leg Grippers: 6cm spandex band naturally wraps the thigh without silicone treatment for a smooth, ultra-light hold.
- Revised, lighter pad with minimized surface area - for better cooling. Odor-resistant microfiber top layer now comes in a gray colorway of 3D basalt. A tribute to volcanic rock that gives us strength, stability and courage.
- Shock-Absorb Damping System Mono 9: Compressive, 9 mm thick foam layers with 3D Waffle, for lighter weight and increased air exchange. A thermoformed cut reduces disruptive transitions.
- goldenGate: A stitch pattern where the front and back are sewn together, but the padding is free to move - with you instead of against you.
- Sundeck Superlight: A section of soft material designed for comfort on the front of the pad that improves airflow, reduces pressure on the most sensitive areas of the body and provides a better fit throughout the shorts.